Saturday, June 7, 2008

I cry so easily, which is not a bad thing but its not a great thing. I used to be the type of chick that was attitude, no one could get close...basically an impostor. I refused to having meaningful connections because in my opinion it meant that I would have to open up. I wasn't into sharing my story or being vulnerable so it was impossible to have any real kind of relationship with me.
Well thankfully I've matured, and I'm much more open to feelings and I can actually relate to other people because sharing isn't gut wrenching anymore. Sometimes I cry when I think of the past and of lately I've been crying about the future. Whether its making my mum proud at a graduation or clinching that job that I want...I get emotional because for the first time I want the things and plan to achieve the "things" that I want.
I do still believe in privacy but at the expense of shutting off a conversation or becoming vague to someone. I have no real hangups about spilling my guts, admitting I'm anxious or just having down moments where my inner voice doubts itself. Words of others, mean nothing to me and if anything the more discouragement I get the more excited I am about facing my goals.

So basically I'm putting it out there...I am open. Eek I can't believe I said that! I am open to love and hate and to not always being in your favor and to stumbling along life's pathways. I don't have most of the answers but I have some and I can identify what it is that I need to be happy. Now I know that my happiness is not always popular with some, but trust....the happiness I feel cannot be crumbled or swayed by personal opinion or by floundering fallacies.

So yeah here I am raw and naked and OK with that...you shall see every lump, stretch mark mole and you like it because I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment

twinkly thoughts