Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You can keep your FRUIT!

I think I can finally speak clearly and with some thought about my work drama.

I work in a place with a few hundred women. I am single and my achilles heel is always that I'm single meaning that i'm screwing everything in sight. Well I was accused of doing something less than Godly and my boss spoke to my boyfriend about it. Now on a normal day that's fine but I think her attitude and opinion on the whole situation is crazy. First of all students lie..a lot especially when the are reprimanded by an adult. Now I've been accused of having my boyfriend stay where I live. Now this student and I have not been seeing eye to for the last few days and that's fine because I do not count my students as friends..its actually quite dangerous to do that.

I do have a problem with the way my boss handled it. I think there are better ways at handling "he said she said situations".. First of all I have the right to meet and discuss the situation with my accuser. And I don't need her to defend me or plead my case, because I really believe that you have to stick up for yourself and make an example out of one person. I'm not sure how its even plausible to take a students side without seeing my side or asking me about it or better yet..doing what's biblically right and letting me speak to the person.

I just received an email from her asking to meet at ten. I'm sure that she wants to rehash the whole situation and a part of me wants to be upset and rant but another part of me believes that I have to be quiet and just be humble about the whole situation. I am not new to rumors and I think when you get in a huff you allow others to think that there might be truth to the rumor. As for my boyfriend I am not sure what do with him, because I think his loyalty is very conflicted (he told my boss about my birthday and about me going to my university appointment that went very well) I said to him, why would you do that..did I ask you to say something..his thought on it is that you used to be friends so what's the big deal. Well the big deal OLD ASS is that I don't want you to spread my business to every and anyone wether they were my friends or not.

So anyways I do know this..I love my job and I work very had at making good decisions everyday. I'm not perfect but I take my job seriously I want to continue working at my job but I want to be in a place where I am respected and that people believe the things that I say.

I'm not sure if I look that much in heat to make such a stupid decision like having my boyfriend stay over. Alas, it is very important that I keep my head up and do the very best and right things no matter how hurt I am or upset. I have stayed away from my job ( I don't work summers) and it feels good not to have that sort of responsibilty.

I know I did the wrong thing in terms of this..my boss gave me a fruit basket and I tossed it on the ground. I plan to throw it away..because really I don't want anything from her..don't respect me don't give me fruit. I know it might be childish but that's how I feel right now. I just think its a little to late and I also think that my relationship is not what it should or will ever be. I'm going to try and ignore my boyfriend for awhile, kind of do me. I'm tired of fighting this fight and plus I should be dating someone who has like goals and aims.

So that's what going on in my life..work is tense and so is my relationship..I do feel happy though because when God gives you trials you just have to do the best to plug on and trust that he is holding your hand.

See Ya
Yolande